I just had my last final exam of the semester yesterday. This means that I am done with school until Spring semester starts January 8th. Needless to say, I am ecstatic to have a break!! No worrying about homework, papers, deadlines, or anything for a month!
There are a few things that I would really like to accomplish over this next month, though, while I've got some spare time. Especially because I'm still going to be taking Travis to daycare for a few hours each morning. We are still paying for it, so it'll be nice for him to have some routine each day. I'm thinking from 9 until 1-2 every day. But I digress.
Here's my list of goals that I would love to get done!
1. Read a book. For fun. I don't even know the last time I read a book just to read a book! I would really love to do this. Maybe even two or three! I got a Barnes & Noble gift card for my birthday that I still haven't used, so I need to do some book shopping for my Nook!
2. Finish unpacking. I still have like twenty boxes down in the garage that haven't been touched. And a couple just sitting in my room taking up space because I'm still not quite sure what to do with the contents of each box. I cannot live here for the next year and a half or so with my things still in boxes! If anything needs to get done, it's this one.
3. Crochet. Like I mentioned yesterday, I'm obsessed with crocheting right now. I'm currently working on a few scarves for a friend of my mom's and she's actually paying me! They're for her nieces for Christmas. Once I finish these and send them off, I really want to work on a blanket for Travis. Then I want to learn how to make hats. And I want to learn how to read patterns. And make more scarves. And hats. And blankets. And everything under the sun!
4. Organize the bathroom. I'm sharing a bathroom with my sisters right now, and it is very messy. Two young teenagers do not keep things neat. Whatsoever. I have a teeny corner of the counter that is reserved for my things. I would really like to try to organize everything so that we each have a little area of the cabinet and counter and just make it look nice and pretty. Also, does anyone know how to get nail polish off of countertops? Somehow someone managed to spill bright red nail polish all over the counter before I moved in and it looks awful!
5. Go for a run. This is something I've been meaning to do for awhile. I'm not a great runner but I do enjoy it when I get a chance. I just need to make time for it! It's kind of cold, though, so I might chicken out on this one.
6. Blog more. Now that I finally have the time, I want to focus more on this little hobby of mine as well! It's been neglected! I redid my design and I really want to focus more on writing from my heart. Sometimes when I scramble to come up with a blog post, the meaning behind what I'm writing is lost. I need to work more on my writing.
7. Make Travis's first Christmas magical. We're going to Minnesota for Christmas to visit family and I can't wait! I know Travis is still really young and he won't remember this at all, but I still want to do as many Christmas-y things as possible! Visits to Santa, looking at lights, leaving Santa some milk and cookies, opening presents. My parents always made Christmas magical for me, and I want Travis to always have that same feeling when it comes to this time of year. :)
8. Spend tons of quality time with my boy. I'm going to make the most of this month off and spend as much one-on-one time with Travis as I can before I have to start another semester. Trips to the play area at the mall, getting down on the ground and playing with him at his level, crawling through his play yard with him. Anything and everything. This month is all about Travis! He's the most important thing in my life and I want to make sure that he knows it!